Saturday, June 30, 2007

Walking on Sunshine...

is what I have been doing all day! Not only did I have a great birthday with my wonderful husband who bought me a bike (pictures will be posted soon) I found out today that I HAVE A JOB!!! I had a great interview on Thursday and was told I wouldn't hear anything until the end of next week but I heard this morning!! The principal of Skyline Elementary in Ferndale called to offer me a full time continuing contract for THIRD grade ( my favorite age to teach:) I was SOOO excited and feel so blessed to have this opportunity! Third grade is what i taught in my practicum and this past year so I am so blessed to have a continuing contract in this grade. As well, Skyline is an AMAZING school that has won awards for being a top 21st century school. I just can't believe it. My first full time real teaching job that is more than 1 year.... Thank you Jesus!! and for all of your prayers. Bec, we should do some planning together this summer:)

5 comments:

Ang said...

Horrah Laura! I'm so proud! You deserve it! They made the right choice you wil be fantastic. I am a little confused by the "best 21 century school" but I'm glad they are up to date.

Ben S. said...

WOW! congrats! that is so great laura. we will definitely do some planning together! i love teacher talk! annnnd...happy BIRTHDAY! i can't wait for pics of the bike! we should get together soon. send me an email about when we could work something out! :) yay job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And yeah for a continuing contract! My sister ended up getting a first grade job at Meridian with a continuing contract. I think the Whatcom County schools are getting some good teachers this year!

Anonymous said...

YAY LAURA!

Sharelle said...

hurrah!
that is the best news to get. a job at a school you can feel good about promoting. that is wonderful.
i am so happy for you laura - you really do deserve it.
but i am also intrigued. what does "the best 21st century" actually mean. we are going to need some clarification on that one i think...